Leave your busy daily life and enjoy a cup of tea in the quiet tea room. Take a break while you travel.
Chanoyu/Sadou is 'a communication of
the minds of host and guests through the enjoyment of delicious tea together.
It was completed as a unique Japanese style and a culture with a sense of beauty, refined the sensitivity of simplicity and tranquility with the spiritual background of Zen.
It's a comprehensive art of Japan because it connects with the traditional Japanese art such as architecture, caligraphy, landscaping, ceramics, flower, cooking etc
○ Entering ～ seating ～ Greetings
○ Tea ceremony
• Purifying – The host cleans the utensils in front of the guests. She also purify herself.
• Tea brewing (making tea) The host pours tea and hot water and brews tea for the guests.
• Serving : The host turns tea bowl twice, front is to he guest and serves.
• Clean up and add water for the next person.
【Comment from guests】
※I liked the peace and calm ceremony. The tea was delicious. I like the quietness.(R.C.様）
※Thanks so much! It was a very interesting and nice experience.（P.F様）
※The tea ceremony was a very relaxing and insightful experience into Japanese culture. The tea and sweets are very delicious too.(P.A様)
※A very nice ceremony with good explanations. Held by two friendly women. A great experience!(K.S.様）
※Really wonderful experience.so nice people and we learned a lot. Will recommend this experience to everybody. Thank you(C.R様）
※I hope I did not make too many mistakes. Very enjoyable.
※A very special experience which we will always cherish. L.M様
※A unique experience from a master in a one of a kind environment.
I am honored to be here.(K.D.様）
※Beautiful! loved how well everything was explained to us ,and tea and sweets tasted fantastic. (P.B様）
※Wonderful Very peaceful. Thank you very much(J.G.様）
※It was very nice. An incredible and memorable moment with you
during tea ceremony Thank you so much for sharing this part of your culture and so much kindness from both of you/(B.A.様）
※beautiful calligraphy, we enjoyed very much. Match oishii tasty and strong than before. Thanks a lot.(U.C.E.様）
※Thank you for very informative and enjoyable tea ceremony. You are so kind and friendly.(C.D.様）
※A very pleasant experience! Thank you very much!(V.G.様）
※That was very educational. The ceremony was fascinating. I felt that I have learned something important about the Japanese culture.(Y.W.様）
※An excellent demonstration of tea ceremony. Very informative and enjoyable. Thank you (A.R様）
※This was a very beautiful experience. This is just amazing to experience tea making. (L.M様）
※I thoroughly enjoyed it and thank you for the lovely ceremony and experience.
※This was very beautiful experience, thank you . Enjoyed the intimate nature of the ceremony the helpful english speaking assistant gracious tea master ♡（K.W様）
※Amazing experience and very kind teachers！ I hope to come back soon.（M.M様）
※An excellent demonstration of the ceremony. Very informative and enjoyable. Thank you.
※Enjoyed my experience very much.(L.C.様）
※This was very beautiful experience . Its just really amazing。 I enjoyed it. （L.M.様)
※Calmness and at to detail. We enjoyed the hospitality and the explanations. Thank you! （H＆S様）
※A very interesting and informative experience. The two ladies were friendly and welcoming.(D.A様）
※Extraordinary experience. Polite ,friendly people and we felt so welcome.(M.N.Y様）
How to go to Machiyajuku
1-34-6 higashiyama kanazawa
From kanazawa st. about 30min. by walk
Bus please ask the bus to higashi chaya district
Bus 10min then walk 5min.
We are looking forward to seeing you.
See All Plans Run by this Travel Operator
- Private tea ceremony 5,000yen/1person
(Group over 6, Please ask it )
- moist sweet, dry sweet, 2 cups of thin tea private tea room
teaching about tea ceremony
- all day
- Tuesday is only afternoon
- from 10:30 to 17:00
1-34-6 higashiyama kanazawa city Ishikawa pref.
- By Public Transportation
- From JR Kanazawa station, get off at Hashibacho bus stop and walk for 7min.
Machiyajuku map → https://goo.gl/maps/r1SHy72ikZXMftHGA
- Minimum Participants
- Please make a reservation 3days in advance.
- In case of cancellation, please make sure to contact us in advance.
50％ cancellation on the previous day、100％ on the day
- 和の時空 町屋塾(machiyajuku)
- 町屋塾HP 茶の湯体験(tea experience)
- Online Booking Page
- Links to an external site.
The travel operator will contact you in due course. Thank you in advance for your patience.
*Your booking is not yet confirmed.
Discover More Attractions
- Kaikaro Teahouse
- Utatsuyama Temple Area
- National Important Cultural Asset SHIMA
- Higashi Chaya District
- Higashi Chaya Kyukeikan Rest House
- Kanazawa Yasue Gold-Leaf Museum
- Hanashobu-en Iris Garden (in Utatsuyama Park)
- Asanogawa River
- The Old Site of Mr.Kurando Terashima's House
- Kazue-machi Chaya District
Discover More Activities
- Tea ceremony with Japanese traditional kimono. Experien…
- Geisha Evenings® in Kanazawa Autumn Public Performance
- Soyu Tea Ceremony Experience
- Kanazawa Higashi Chaya District Rickshaw Tour (30 mintures)
- Limited Time Event! Meet a Geiko in Kanazawa ~November~
- 【Higashi Chaya District】～Goldleaf Workshop～ Design it …
- Geisha and Tea Ceremony - Kazue-machi Chaya-gai Geisha Dis…
- Create your original vessel in a unique "Kanazawa-Nuri" st…
- Enjoy a gold leaf workshop, one of the city’s top handicra…
- Gold leaf pasting experience