Myoryuji Temple was built as a prayer place of the Kaga Domain soon after Lord Maeda Toshiie, founder of the Kaga Domain, moved to Kanazawa Castle. Later, in preparation for an emergency attack of the central government (Tokugawa Shogunate), the Maeda family considered the temples in Tera-machi as a shield. Then the family added a number of functions to Myoryuji Temple so that it would work as a lookout post and fort.
To countermeasure the invasion of enemies, Myoryuji Temple is provided with a variety of mechanisms. That is why this temple is also called Ninja Temple.
- 1-2-12 No-machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa
- Adult: 1000 yen, schoolchild: 700 yen *Preschoolers cannot enter.
- Business Hours
- 9:00–16:30 pm (until 16:00 in winter season) *A reservation by telephone is required.
- Regular Holidays
- Buddhist service days
- Parking: Large Vehicle
- Official Website