This Machiya (traditional Japanese wooden townhouse) rest house was built at the end of the Edo period (1603-1868) and was restored in 2003. The building originally served as a pawnshop, and today, it is a rest station for tourists, where volunteer sightseeing guides stand, to give information (in Japanese only) about Higashi Chaya District, and other local sightseeing spots.
- 1-3-8 Kannon-machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa
- Business Hours
- 9:00–17:00 (Mar.16 – Nov 30), 9:30～17:00 (Dec.1 – Mar.15)
- Regular Holidays
- Open 365 a year
- Parking: Large Vehicle