Explore Kanazawa from a different perspective
The theme is "water".
While Kanazawa is famous for its castle town, Kenrokuen Garden, and traditional culture, have you ever wondered how the people of Kanazawa, including the lords of the castle, obtained the water they needed in their daily lives?
We will visit the Tatsumi Waterworks, one of the three major waterways in Japan, and the legendary spring from which Kanazawa gets its name. By exploring the history of water that continues to flow through the city, let's reflect on our relationship with nature through the changing appearances and expressions of water.
21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art, Kanazawa → D. T. Suzuki Museum* → Kinjo Reitaku → Kanazawa Shrine → Hirosaka Resting Hall → Ishiura Shrine
*We will not enter the D.T. Suzuki Museum. Walking distance is about 1.5 km.
・Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes for walking, as we will be walking around town and some roads may be unpaved.
・Detailed information will be sent to those who have registered for the event.
See All Plans Run by this Travel Operator
- Adults (junior high school students and older) 4,400 yen/person (tax included)
*Please pay the participation fee on the day of the event. Please have the exact change ready.
- Includes insurance, water tasting, tea and snacks
- All year round
- The event will be held rain or shine. Please bring rain gear.
In case of stormy weather, such as a storm warning, the event will be cancelled. In case of cancellation, we will notify you at least 2 hours prior to the start time.
- ① 10:00-11:30 (Meet at 9:50)
② 13:30-15:00 (Meet at 13:20)
- 1.5 hour
- Departure Point
- In front of 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art, Kanazawa
*Staff with hand flags await you.
- By Public Transportation
- From JR Kanazawa Station: 1 minute walk from “Hirosaka·21st Century Museum” (10 min ride)
- 2 to 10 people
- ・Please call 090-1637-2826 in case of cancel
・Cancellations made less than 5 days before the event will incur a cancellation fee, as outlined below:
- Cancellation 5 to 3 days prior to event: 30% of participation fee
- Cancellation from 3 days to the day before event: 50% of registration fee
- Cancellation on the day of event or no-show: 100% of the fee
- Email to Book
- Loads email booking form.
The travel operator will contact you in due course. Thank you in advance for your patience.
*Your booking is not yet confirmed.