A winter tradition in Kanazawa
In winter, straw mats called ‘komo’ are attached to the earthen walls of the Nagamachi Samurai District to protect them from snow. The townscape looks even more elegant when snow is piled up; a beautiful sight that can only be seen in winter. The 'komokake' streetscape can be viewed until early March.
- Early December
- 09:50 - 15:30
- Nagamachi Samurai District
- Naga-machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa
- By Car
- Take a Kanazawa Loop bus, Kenrokuen Shuttle bus, Hokutetsu bus, or JR bus to Korinbo bus stop, then walk 5 min.
Take a Machibus to Korinbo Daiwa/Atrio bus stop or Korinbo Tokyu Square/Nichigin-mae bus stop, then walk 5 min.
- By Public Transportation
- About 3 minutes by foot from the Korinbo bus stop (No.RL12 or LL3）on the KANAZAWA LOOP BUS route
- Parking: Large Vehicle
- Naga-machi Buke Yashiki District