The “mizuhiki” knot-tying accessories -choose your favorite colors and make your own earrings, brooches or key chains!
Specialized in Mizukihi for 48 years.
Located near Oyama Shrine, only 10-minute walk from Omicho Market.
Discover the neat and incredibly fun art of “mizuhiki” in a specialized shop in the center of Kanazawa!
You are welcome to attend the very popular “mizuhiki” workshop under the guidance of the very friendly and affable owner of the shop. After choosing the colors of the paper strings you will be using to create earrings or a key holder, you will be taught the nuts and bolts of knot-tying and especially the common patterns that are very specific to the approach of this art in the Kanazawa region. Don’t be intimidated by the incredible figures that are on display in the shop, this is much less tricky than it may look at first. Whether it’s too hot outside or raining and pouring, Hiraoka Yuinou-ho is a great place to stop by and attend a fun and relaxing hands-on, especially if you are traveling with children. So, enjoy the chat and take your time to finish a cute and colorful piece you will keep with you as a souvenir of Kanazawa.
- [Kanazawa Mizuki] Hiraoka Yuinou-ho
See All Plans Run by this Travel Operator
- 3,000 yen
- Materials and guidance from an experienced artist to make an accessory of your choice (earrings / key holder)
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays
- Closed on Tuesdays
Additional holidays: Monday 25th and Tuesday 26th September.
- Workshops start at 10:00, 11:00, 13:00, 14:00 and 15:00
- About 1 hour
- [Kanazawa Mizuhiki] Hiraoka Yuinou-ho
- By Public Transportation
- Take a Kanazawa Loop Bus, get off at "Minamicho・Oyama jinja", and walk 2 minutes.
- Parking Capacity
- Up to 8 people
- Minimum Participants
- Reservation Period
- In the case of cancellation, please be sure to contact Kanazawa Mizuki Hiraoka Yuinou-ho by phone as soon as possible.
- Hiraoka Yuinou-ho official website
- 10-11 Oyamamachi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa
- Business Day
- Closed on Tuesdays
- Business Hours
- Phone Operator Hours
- Email to Book
- Loads email booking form.
The travel operator will contact you in due course. Thank you in advance for your patience.
*Your booking is not yet confirmed.