Kanazawa's fermented food specialty store
Founded in 1875, Shijimaya Honpo provides various fermented foods such as kaburazushi (pickled sushi) and daikon radish sushi. There is also a cafe where you can enjoy amazake (a sweet fermented rice drink) and gelato made with specially made koji (malted rice). They hold kaburazushi and koji pickling workshops, which are very popular with both tourists and locals. You can also hear an explanation about the Japanese swords that are handed down within the store family. For details regarding the dates and times, please see the website below or contact the store by phone.
- 1-17-28 Yayoi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 921-8541
- Business Hours
- Regular Holidays
- First Sunday of each month, 1 Jan, 2 Jan
- By Car
- About 20 minutes from Kanazawa Nishi IC
- By Public Transportation
- About 3 minutes on foot from the "Numata-machi" bus stop ("Izumino 3-chome line" JR bus from Kanazawa Station)
- Parking: Capacity
- Parking: Large Vehicle
- Parking: Notes
- Parking for micro-buses and middle-sized buses is possible.
- Official Website
- Shijimaya Honpo Official Instagram