Where Woodcarving Comes Alive: One-on-one Tour of Inami with a Local Guide
Gain a deeper appreciation for the beauty of Japanese tradition as you journey through Inami, a town that's practically a museum of wood sculptures. You'll visit historic Zuisenji Temple and stop by a carver's studio. You'll carve your own wooden sake cup with real tools under the guidance of a master—an experience like no other. You'll savor a fine Japanese lunch in a traditional home and tour the earthen brewhouse of the Wakakoma Sake Brewery, where you'll have a chance to sample local sake in the wooden cup you created. With an English-speaking guide-interpreter to accompany you every step of the way, you can enjoy your journey with peace of mind. Inquire about an experience today.
9:45 a.m. Meet at Kotsu Hiroba Square, tour overview
10:00 a.m. Tour of Yokamachi Street, Carving workshop visit, Zuisenji Temple tour
12:00 p.m. Matsuya Soba Kaiseki Restaurant
1:00 p.m. Kurokami-an Event Space
2:00 p.m. Wakakoma Brewery
2:30 p.m. End of tour
— Matsuya Soba Kaiseki Restaurant —
Matsuya offers soba and traditional kaiseki cuisine, upholding the same classic taste they’ve been dishing up since the shop was founded in 1912. In addition to its historic storefront, the 130-year-old building, repurposed from a private home, also contains a number of traditional transom windows and other carvings. The restaurant offers easy-to-eat soba made with thin noodles and delicious tempura made with seasonal vegetables.
*Vegetarian options available
* Tours are accompanied by an English-speaking guide.
* Tour price includes meals. The dining venue may be subject to change.
* Tour schedule may be subject to change or cancellation due to inclement weather or other factors.
* Tour participants generally sit on the floor during the sake cup-carving workshop; however, limited, small chairs are available.
* Participation in the sake tasting is optional.
- Nanto City Tourism Association
See All Plans Run by this Travel Operator
- JPY 15,000 per person (tax included)
- Guide/interpreter fee, travel insurance, lunch, experience fee
- Exclusion date: Dec. 29th–Jan. 3rd
- Departure time: 9:45 a.m.
- Around 5 hours
- Departure Point
- Kotsu Hiroba Square
- 2–6 people
- Minimum Participants
- minimum 2 people
- Reservation deadline: 7 days in advance
- Cancellation policy
＊If you wish to cancel your tour, please notify us by phone or email during our business hours (10 a.m.–6 p.m.). If you contact us outside of our business hours, we will respond to you the following day.
＊If you choose to cancel your tour on the day it is scheduled, you must notify the Nanto City Tourism Association (TEL: +81 0763-62-1201) before 9:30 a.m. on the morning of your tour. You will be charged the full price of the tour if you do not notify us of your cancellation before this time.
＊If you cancel your tour, you will be charged a cancellation fee for each participant as follows:
10 to 8 days in advance：２０％
7 to 2 days in advance：３０％
1 day in advance：４０％
Day of the tour (before 9:30 a.m.)：５０％
Day of the tour (after 9:30 a.m., including no-shows)：１００％
＊If inclement weather impacts the availability of public transportation on the day of your tour, your tour may be cancelled at no cost to you. We will notify you if we cancel your tour. However, if you cancel your tour due to inclement weather when public transportation is still available, you will be charged a cancellation fee (see table above).
- 206-22 (Inside JR Johana Station), Koreyasu, Nanto City, Toyama Prefecture
- Business Day
- every day
- Business Hours
- Phone Operator Hours
- Email to Book
- Loads email booking form.
- Online Booking Page
- Links to an external site.
The travel operator will contact you in due course. Thank you in advance for your patience.
*Your booking is not yet confirmed.
You Might Also Like
- Gold leaf jewelry Gold-Knot