【One day bus tour】Kanazawa Sta.～Tojinbo/Eiheiji/Maruoka-Castle【Echizen Bus Tour】
Reservation possible on the day
✨Trip to an Unexplored Region of Hokuriku✨
―Bus tour around the Echizen area.
Sightseeing bus tour covers the scenic spots of Fukui;
“Tojinbo cliff”, “Maruoka Castle” and “Eiheiji Temple”
✨Departing from and arriving at Kanazawa.
Just be seated on the bus and—no need to check routes and transportation.
✨It is a trip to enjoy the nature and the culture of Japan.
✨Admission fees for both Eiheiji Temple and Maruoka Castle are included.
✨Available automatic guide system in English.
Depart from Kanazawa Sta. [Kenrokuen gate (East Gate), Bus stop No.4]
Depart from Kaga Onsen Station
Depart from Echizen Railway Awara Yunomachi Station
11：30 - 12：50
The legendary wonder of nature - Tojinbo Cliffs.
13：30 - 14：30
Japanese oldest castle tower - Maruoka Castle
15：00 - 16：20
Temple of Eternal Peace - Eiheiji
Arrive at Awara Onsen Station
Arrive at Echizen Railway Awara Yunomachi Station
Arrive at Kanazawa Sta. [Kenrokuen gate (East Gate), Bus stop No.4]
Temple of Eternal Peace
- Eiheiji Temple
Eiheiji Temple is a historically famous old temple located in Fukui Prefecture surrounded by mountains on three sides. Dogen Zenji founded it in the year 1244. It is the first Zen practicing monastery of the “Japanese Soto Sect,” making it the head temple of the Soto sect. Eiheiji Temple is composed of about 70 magnificent halls and towers of the temple in its premises, and even to this day, there are nearly 200 trainees and trainee monks undergoing strict Zen training day after day. The treasure house of Eiheiji Temple called Rurishobokaku holds Dogen Zenji’s handwritten “Fukan-zazengi,” other writings, relics, ancient documents, paintings, and calligraphic works of the temple masters from each generation, which present 800 years history of Eiheiji Temple. Eiheiji Temple is one of the tourist spots recognized worldwide that was awarded two stars in 2015 by Michelin Green Guide Japan, the travel guide issued in France.
The legendary wonder of nature
- Tojinbo Cliffs.
Tojinbo Cliffs are located in the northern part of Fukui Prefecture and are famous for their unique and scenic spot with a stretch of a spectacular precipitous cliff, which was created by the rough sea waves of the Japan Sea. It is a rare landscape in Japan and the world from a geological perspective. It is designated as a natural treasure of Japan. You will be able to discover and enjoy fresh seafood at restaurants, and souvenir stores lined up in the Tojinbo Cliffs shopping street located near Tojinbo Cliffs. Some restaurants serve grilled seafood such as squid, turban shell, and scallop, which can be eaten while walking around in the area.
Japanese oldest castle tower
- Maruoka Castle
Maruoka Castle is located in Fukui Prefecture. It has the oldest existing donjon and is designated as one of the National Important Cultural Properties. Also, Maruoka Castle is recognized as one of "Japan's top 100 cherry blossom spots." As many as 400 Somei-Yoshino (Yoshino cherry trees) surround the castle, making it appear like a floating castle in the hazy curtain of flowers during spring's cherry blossom season. For that reason, it is also known as the "Kasumigajo Castle," which means "Hazy Castle."
- West Japan JR Bus Company
See All Plans Run by this Travel Operator
- From Kanazawa Station To Awara Onsen Station/Awara Yunomachi Station
4,900JPYfor an adult 2,450JPYfor a child
From Kaga Onsen Station To Awara Onsen Station/Awara Yunomachi Station
4,600JPY for an adult2,300 JPY for a child
From Awara Yunomachi Station To Awara Onsen Station/Awara Yunomachi Station
4,100 JPYfor an adult2,050 JPY for a child
- ※When getting off at Kanazawa Station, an adult should add 1,000 JPY, and a child should add 500 JPY to the fee mentioned above.
※The price includes the admission fee for Eiheiji Temple and the entrance fee for Maruoka Castle．
※Lunch is not included. Please have lunch where you like at Tojinbo.
- From March 18, 2023 to December 17, 2023，Operate every Saturday, Sunday,and holiday
- ※From July 15 to August 28, 2023, Operate every Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and holiday
- about 9 hours 15 minutes
- Departure Point
- Depart from Kanazawa Sta. [Kenrokuen gate (East Gate), Bus stop No.4] 9：20
Depart from Kaga Onsen Station 10：20
Depart from Echizen Railway Awara Yunomachi Station 11：05
- Ending Point
- Kanazawa Sta.
- Minimum Participants
- 100yen charge will be incurred when receiving a refund before the departure time.
100% charge will be incurred when receiving a refund after the departure time.
Abenomatsuzakicho NK Bldg.2F,2-2-25,Matsuzaki-cho,Abeno-ku,Osaka-city,Osaka, JAPAN
- Business Day
- Saturday, Sunday, and holiday.
※Closed: The year-end and New Year holidays（12/31～1/3）
- Business Hours
- Phone Operator Hours
- West Japan JR Bus Telephone Reservation（10：00～19:00）
- Online Booking Page
- Links to an external site.
Japan Expressway Bus Net
- Japan Expressway Bus Net
The travel operator will contact you in due course. Thank you in advance for your patience.
*Your booking is not yet confirmed.
Discover More Attractions
- Kanazawa Station Tourist Information Center
- Kanazawa Station
- Cooking Studio KANAZAWA Salon
- Omicho Market
- Kanazawa City Ashigaru Museum
- Kanazawa Central Tourist Information Center
- Nagamachi Yuzenkan (Yuzen Silk Center)
- Takada Family House
- Naga-machi Buke Yashiki Rest House
- Oyama Jinja Shrine
Discover More Activities
- 1 Day trip from Kanazawa NOTO Peninsula - 能登（NOTO ）…
- 【One day bus tour】Kanazawa Sta.～Gokayama / Shirakawago …
- Kanazawa Light-up Bus
- [Chartered Taxi/5 hours]Kanazawa Must-See Spot Tour
- [Chartered Taxi/3 hours]Kanazawa Highlights Tour
- [Chartered Taxi/5 hours]Shirakawago and Gokayama Tour
- [Chartered Taxi/7 hours]Noto Peninsula Tour
- [Chartered Taxi/4 hours]Kanazawa Kimono Tour
- Weekend only! World Heritage Shirakawa-go One-Day Bus Tour
- Shirakawa-go and Takayama Platinum route tour