Kanazawa Light-up Bus
The bus takes you on a fascinating nighttime stroll around Kanazawa.
Make your night in Kanazawa excellent with this bus tour of illuminated spots.
On Saturday evenings, the loop bus runs every 15 minutes to fascinating light-up spots in Kanazawa.
It takes about 45 minutes to go around the whole route and passengers can get-on, get-off freely at any of the 16 bus stops on the way.
Completely different from the daytime, the quiet and fantastical streets will enhance your travel mood.
Why don't you get off anywhere along the route and enjoy an evening walk in Kanazawa!
Bus stops for Kanazawa Light up Bus
0. Kanazawa Station East Gate Bus Terminal #6
1. Musashigatsuji / Omi-cho Market Bus Stop #4 (Kanazawa Omotesando-guchi)
3. Hashiba-cho Bus Stop #1 (Kinjohro-mae)
4. Kenrokuen Garden/ Kanazawa Castle Park Bus Stop #1 (Ishikawa-mon-mukai)
5. Marunouchi (Kanazawajo Gyokusen’inmaru teien-soba)
6. Hirosaka /21st Century Museum Bus Stop #1 (Shiinoki geihinkan-mae)
7. Pref. Museum of Art / Seisonkaku
8. Hirosaka /21st Century Museum Bus Stop #2 (Ishiura jinja-mae)
11. Hirokoji Bus Stop #4 (Ozakura-mae)
12. Kata-machi (Katamachi-Kirara-mae)
13. Korinbo Bus Stop #7 (Nichigin-mae)
14. Minami-cho / Oyama Jinja Shrine
15. Musashigatsuji / Omi-cho Market Bus Stop #5 (M’ZA KUROMON KOJI-mae)
0. Kanazawa Station East Gate
Save your money with Unlimited Ride Pass
The fare costs 300 yen per ride that you need to pay on the bus each time or, if you have bought a Unlimited Ride Pass in advance, just show your pass to the driver when you get off the bus. It's reasonable to buy Unlimited Ride Pass of 500 yen if you take the bus more than twice in a day.
Unlimited Ride Passes are available at the following locations.
・Hokutetsu Ekimae Ticket Office (near the Kanazawa Sta. East Gate Bus Terminal #1)
・Hokutetsu Group Information Desk (near the Kanazawa Sta. East Gate Bus Terminal #7)
・Some hotels in Kanazawa (Refer to the map on the reverse side)
Don't forget to purchase Unlimited Ride Pass in advance because it's not sold on the bus.
Hokuriku Tetsudo Telephone Service Center
- Kanazawa Light-up Bus Executive Committee
- 300 yen for one ride (adults) or 500 yen for unlimited ride ticket.
- Operation Dates:
Every Saturday. Also runs on the following dates: Wed. May 3 through Fri. May 5, Fri. Aug. 11, and Fri. Nov. 3.
- No service on December 30, 2023.
- 19:00 (first departure from Kanazawa station) to 22:30 (last arrival at Kanazawa station)
Runs every 15 minutes.
- 45 minutes to go around the whole route.
- Starts from Kanazawa station east gate #6 bus stop. Passengers can board at any bus stops along the route.
- 交通方式 大眾交通工具
- Just in front of JR Kanazawa Station (East gate)
- Reservations not requied
- Unlimited ride tickets are non-refundable
- HOKURIKU RAILROAD (Japanese)
- Explore Kanazawa at night with the Kanazawa Light-up Bus
- 9-13 Oyama-machi Kanazawa-city, Ishikawa pref.
- Monday through Friday
(closed during the year-end and New Year holidays and national holidays)