An intimate and personal experience at a compact venue -a traditional Kanazawa townhouse with an authentic tearoom.
In the back alley of the beautiful Kazue-machi Chaya-gai Geisha District, the traditional Kanazawa townhouse, Kikuno-ya, will offer an event to appreciate the Kanazawa cultures.
The event consists of 2 parts.
The first part starts with a tea ceremony led by a tea master in an authentic room over looking a small Japanese garden, followed by a matcha tea making experience with Japanese sweets.
The second part offers a Geisha dancing and taiko drum performance and fun experiences participated by guests, just like an authentic teahouse party or what is called "Ozashiki".
Ask a tea master and Geisha questions and learn about the Kanazawa culture.
The venue being compact enables guests to enjoy the tea ceremony and Geisha performance up close.
The event was held in March and April 2023 and received so many amazing words from the guests who attended the cultural experience.
Some of the words we received include:
"Honestly, I found the whole experience profoundly moving. It was beautiful, intimate and something I will never, ever forget."
"We really really loved everything, can’t get the smile out of our faces, wishes it would last even longer."
"Thank you for presenting a geniune experience in such a perfect venue. We enjoyed the intimate environment, it had the feel of a special event just for us, rather than some tourist show."
"A once in a lifetime experience that felt very exclusive and privileged."
We look forward to having you at our special event.
- Art of Geisha Project Office
See All Plans Run by this Travel Operator
- 14,300 JPY - 9,900 JPY (incl. 10% tax)
- Tea ceremony led by a tea master
Matcha tea making with Japanese sweets
Taiko drum experience with Geisha
Photos and Q&A
Tuesdays: 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
Tuesdays: 7, 14
- 12:15 - 14:00
- 105 minutes
- Machiya Kanazawa Kikuno-ya
3-22 Kazuemachi Kanazawa 920-0908
- By Public Transportation
- Only a couple of minute walk from the bus stop: Hashibacho 3・4
- Parking Capacity
- 8 people for Geisha and Tea Ceremony
10 people for Geisha performance only
- No cancellation is accepted
- 5F, 21 Tatemachi Kanazawa 920-0997 Japan
- Business Day
- Monday - Friday
- Business Hours
- 10:00 - 16:00
- +81-90-2832-5175 (10:00-16:00 weekdays)
- Online Booking Page
- Links to an external site.
Art of Geisha booking page
- Art of Geisha booking page
The travel operator will contact you in due course. Thank you in advance for your patience.
*Your booking is not yet confirmed.
Discover More Attractions
- Kazue-machi Chaya District
- Asanogawa River
- Naka-no Hashi Bridge
- Kanazawa Phonograph Museum
- Higashi Chaya Kyukeikan Rest House
- Kanazawa Yasue Gold-Leaf Museum
- The Old Site of Mr.Kurando Terashima's House
- Higashi Chaya District
- National Important Cultural Asset SHIMA
- Kaikaro Teahouse
Discover More Activities
- Enjoy a gold leaf workshop, one of the city’s top handicra…
- Gold leaf pasting experience
- Limited Time Event! Meet a Geiko in Kanazawa ~November~
- Kanazawa Higashi Chaya District Rickshaw Tour (30 mintures)
- Soyu Tea Ceremony Experience
- 【Higashi Chaya District】～Goldleaf Workshop～ Design it …
- Geisha Evenings® in Kanazawa Autumn Public Performance
- Tea ceremony with Japanese traditional kimono. Experien…
- private tea ceremony experience in Kanazawa higashiyama
- One of the most accessible Japanese tea experiences in Kan…