Around No-machi, Tera-machi, Nodayama and Kodatsuno

Nishi Chaya District

One of the Three Chaya Districts of Kanazawa The Nishi Chaya District is one of the three geisha (traditional female Japanese entertainers) districts of Kanazawa, and located 500 m away from the Saigawa Ohashi Bridge in the...

Myoryuji Temple (Ninjadera Temple)

Myoryuji Temple was built as a prayer place of the Kaga Domain soon after Lord Maeda Toshiie, founder of the Kaga Domain, moved to Kanazawa Castle. Later, in preparation for an emergency attack of the central government...

Tera-machi Temple Area

One of the Three Temple Districts of Kanazawa The Maeda family, who ruled the Kaga Domain (the present Ishikawa and Toyama areas) in feudal times, gathered temples in three areas when the family built the castle town...

Nodayama Cemetery

Nodayama is a hilly area located in the southeast part of the city of Kanazawa. The elder brother of Lord Maeda Toshiie, founder of the Kaga Domain, was buried here at the end of the 16th century. After that, the graves of the...

Daijoji Temple

Daijoji Temple is a Zen temple that is located halfway up Nodayama. After the construction of this temple in 1262, the temple moved to its present location through the change of times in the latter half of the 17th century. The gate...

Kodatsuno Temple Area

The Kodatsuno Temple Area is one of the temple districts in Kanazawa, crowded with more than 30 temples and shrines. The Maeda family, who ruled the Kaga Domain (the present Ishikawa and Toyama areas), collected shrines...

Tentokuin Temple

Maeda Toshitsune, the 3rd Lord of the Maeda family, married to Tamahime, a granddaughter of Tokugawa Ieyasu (the first shogun) in order to keep good a relationship with the central government (Tokugawa Shogunate...